# Appreciate

The other day , while I was doing preparation for the examination . I was suddenly distracted by the builder and his team , they were talking very load and it irritates me, so I decided to take a break away from the books .


I lay down on the bench outside in the sun to catch fresh air . I could not help hearing the workmen's discussions , they talk incessantly , making jokes and whistling while they are working . I was listerning to all the stories they told and thought ,I wonder how these people manage to do the work while talking constantly and working, watching what they are doing already  makes me tired . Everyone is so happy not one whine or complain .


Meanwhile, it was time for their lunch break . I gave the team a mug filled with soda like every afternoon. This particular afternoon I noticed that " Peter " sat aside , away from his fellow colleagues . He did not eat . When I saw this, I immediately felt sorry for him .
One of his collegues step closer to him and ask if him why he didnt eat . " Peter " responded : " I prefer that my children have a piece of bread when they come out of school  this afternoon. " His colleague turned to fetch his lunch box and hold it for him . " Peter " out of pride said that he is fine , but his colleague insisted that he take something from his lunch box .


Suddenly my eyes fill with tears . I realize that " Peter’s" colleague had not much himself, but the little he had he was willing to share . Many of us have in abundant , but we are to greedy to give to the less fortunate .


" You can not receive if you are not willing to give "
 
I sat there thinking…..I have everything I want , but do I always always appreciate it ? When I ask my parents for something I just expect them to give what ever I ask. If the answer is no , I am angry because I want that beautiful handbag , it 's not negotiable.
I was moaning  at my parents to built in a swimming pool because the air conditioning is not sufficient in my opinion for the temperature in Ceres during the summer . I realized what a luxury it actually is and I should appreciate it because not all children are so fortunate . There are so many people living under terrible circumstances  and they work hard to earned something but still have the ability to rise above their circumstances .


Every day we should be thankful for what we have . We must reach out to those in need . I love giving , but I do not give money to anyone who smell of alcohol , in my opinion if you have money to buy alcohol, you could have bought food .If someone ask for money, I would normally gave him/her a task to do and in return I will pay him/her , so he / she can learn that everything does not  fall from the sky , but they have to earn the money.
 
"Give a man a fish and it will feed Him for a day , give a man a fishnet and teach him how to catch a fish and you feed Him for a lifetime."
 

Have a fantastic day
Berni